Important Reminder - MOL Poster Deadline on May 20, 2015 May 20 2015
We would like to remind Ontario employers that they must provide all new employees (as of May 20, 2015) with a copy of the most recent poster (version 6.0) published by the Ministry of Labour that outlines employees’ rights and requirements under the ESA.
The MOL’s rules regarding the new ESA poster are as follows:
- The poster must be displayed in English but if the majority workplace language is other than English and if the Ministry has version 6.0 available in that language, then both poster must be posted side by side.
- In addition to posting the poster, employers must provide all current employees with a copy of the poster by June 19, 2015.
- Version 5.0 should be removed from the workplace at the time that version 6.0 is posted.
- New employees hired after May 20, 2015 must be given a copy of the poster within 30 days of hire.
- The poster may be given to employees in hard copy form, as an email attachment, or as a link to an internet database (but only if the employee has reasonable access to that database).
- The poster is available in English, French, Arabic, Chinese, Hindi, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tagalog, Thai and Urdu.
To obtain PDF copies of the poster in English and 10 other languages, please visit the MOL’s website at http://www.labour.gov.on.ca/english/es/pubs/poster.php.